Home . Knitting . Recipes . My Garden . Travel . Future Travel . Crafts . Christmas Crafts . Christmas Memories . Bookmarks
Welcome to my little slice of the web! My name is Ana Rodriguez Fernandez! I am a wife, a mother, and a sister, among many other things. I live in New Jersey with my husband Alex and my two children, Juliana and Alejandro. I am a retired RN and I can't tell you how fulfilling my life as a Nurse has been! I am so blessed with this life I live and I could not be happier! Some of my favorite pastimes include:
- Cooking. I loveeee to cook! My Mother and Grandmother taught me how to cook at a very young age. (And I in turn started my kids young too! Both Juliana and Alejandro are excellent cooks and have Alex and I over for dinner at least once a week at their homes. We look forward to it every week!) When they have children of their own (hopefully soon hehe!) I know we will keep this family tradition alive with the next generation!
- Knitting & Needlepoint. I am part of my local knitting guild. One of my favorite times of year is during the holidays...our guild partners up with local shelters and we knit blankets and mittens and hats for those in need. It truly is heartwarming to be able to help those who need it. It brings our small community together and it's so nice!
- Gardening. The summer season is one of my favorite times of year. We don't have a huge yard, but we make the most of it. My Grandparents were avid gardeners and passed that down to my parents and me and my siblings. I might not have the best green thumb, but it's so rewarding to be able to walk outside and get some fresh veggies and herbs for dinner. It makes you appreciate where it comes from and all the hard work that goes into growing our food!
- Traveling. When my kids were younger, we took family vacations every summer. Now that they're grown, Alex and I travel as often as can, even if it's just a day trip to on the weekends. We love exploring and trying new restaurants!
- Christmas. What can I say? It's the most wonderful time of the year! From the community activities at our church, to our family traditions, I love this time of year!!
- Quality time with my loved ones. We're a close family. I am fortunate enough to have both of my parents around, along with all of my Aunts, Uncles and cousins. Once a month we get together for a big dinner or celebration. There's nothing better than laughs and memories with family.
I've put together a collection of websites I use and visit often, in addition to information on my favorite things. It's mostly for me, but if others can get some enjoyment out of them, that's wonderful! Check out my pages here: